Furniture Today's Editor-in-Chief Ray Allegrezza held a very successful Logistics Conference in June at Atlanta's AmericasMart. The event featured a fast-paced, fact-filled agenda that explored what's going on with ocean freight, home delivery and warehousing. In an effort to make the content available for those that couldn't attend, we are offering audio podcasts of the various sessions.
Following are the audio sessions you will receive:
1. "How the New Logistics Can Keep You Profitable In the New Normal" - With the economy still problematic, smart companies are tapping into new logistics solutions to help them navigate in today's unpredictable waters. What are these new logistics solutions and how can you put them to work for you? Keynote speaker Jack Holmes, President of UPS Freight, has the answers.
2. "Ocean Freight: Setting the Course for Smooth Sailing" -
Ocean freight typically represents your second largest expense and with see-saw freight pricing, how can you minimize freight costs while maximizing efficiencies and profitability? A panel of experts including: Chad Rosenberg of American Global Logistics, Steve Wolfe of Stanley Furniture, Steve Burdette of Havertys Furnitureand John Lomax of Furniture Brands share invaluable tools and tips for staying afloat in today's market.
3. "Home (Sweet Home) Delivery" - As e-commerce sales continue to rise, will demand for home delivery also rise? Are traditional retailers turning to home delivery rather than maintaining their own delivery fleets? With the majority of furniture imported from Asia, what challenges does this pose to home delivery companies? Why are some importers now taking on the role of home delivery? Patrick Cory of Cory Home Delivery, Keith Hewitt of hepdirect, Will O'Shea of 3PD, Jim Waters of Home Depot, Talal Tadros of IKEA and Michael Noblot of Furniture Brands International address these critical topics.
4. "The Law, Logistics and You" - Are you CTPAT proficient? Does your new math include an understanding of 10+2 Importer Security Filings? To help you understand these intricate issues, we invited Mike Roll of Pisani & Roll LLP, a law firm that specializes in international trade and customs law, including matters relating to supply-chain security, to be your guide. He also provides an update on the latest developments with U.S. Customs.
5. "Warehouse Management: Thinking Inside and Outside Your Big Box" - With forecasting tougher than ever, the demand for just-in-time delivery and domestic availability is spiking. Whether you are a retailer, importer or are related to any of the links in the supply chain, you need the data from this session. Bob Smith of Garr Consulting leads a panel discussion that includes Eric Lamphier from Manhattan Associates, Jack Hawn of Zenith and Edward Massood of Thomasville Furniture and Jack LaVee of Globe Express Services (Overseas Group).
Please Note: Podcasts are NOT available for immediate download. Once your order has been processed, you will receive an email with the link to the Podcasts. Link will be provided within 24 hours of purchasing.